S3 DCS project development cycle is split into the several functional levels:
|Figure 1. Functional Levels|
- Level of PACs topology and connectivity editing, including network and OPC topology set ups. PAC could be added from database or from network search.
- Level of particular PAC configuration , I/O connection, dashboard editing, tags editing
|Figure 2. I/O Editor|
- Level of HMI/Database editing for superposed levels of ACS. It includes advanced multimedia displays, real time and historical trends, alarms, reports
- Level of control tasks editing. Control logic implementation based on IEC-61131 languages. Could be downloaded to PAC for I/O control or can be used as script languages for various applications.
|Figure 3. Control Cycles|
|Figure 4. Target platforms|
|Figure 5. Technological Units/Algorithms Duplication|
- Level of project documentation generation. All information from upper levels is collected here. Full set of in-line and project documentation for the whole system is created.
- Plug-ins technology
- Can work with third party's ActiveX
- Tag configuration information is accesible from anywhere, easily and transparently
- Any changes in tag configuration is reflected immediately where it is used and these changes are initiated certain actions.
- Bulk tag editing mode.
- Providing 'on fly' tag creation capability. These tags could be connected to I/O or OPC afterwards if necessary
- Hot keys, context help, rollbacks
- Software PAC simulator and remote debugger
|Figure 6. I/O Monitoring/Simulating|